Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

3D Error

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 04, 2010
Ok i really dont know how to explain this but Im going to try my best...

Recently I have been playing Wizard101 just fine Until the last Maintenance.
when the servers were down getting fix or something,I logout and stopped playing for 3 days. Now that i have a chance to play Wizard101 this is how it gose

clicking to open 101 ---> logging into 101 ---> loading ----> Screen gose black.

But heres the kicker when the screen gose black 5 seconds later its flashing On and off and its repeatedly doing this then it freeze my computer and after i pull up task manger it has 3 windows up on it the white screen and another window that is a Error but DOSE NOT tell me the code or anything just says this ( Initialization error: Direct3D renderer creation error: ) and thats all it says and the other window is where it has the thing... you know where it shows the gold pips as if it was loading it up...

I do not know why its doing this and No my files are NOT Corrupted to the Video card because my computer is only 3 DAY OLD.

Also this is happening to my boyfriends computer as well and his is only a week old but with his it fully freezes that computer to where he has to reboot it and this didn't happen til he tried to change the screen size when he was playing Wizard101 and now that he changed it, its doing what mines is doing

My computer:
Emachines:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dual-Core and AMD Radeon Graphics E-300

My boyfriends computer:
Acer:
Windows 7 Home Premium
Dual-Core and AMD E-Series

I'm not sure if this will help but I'm just gonna put it up and hopefully someone knows what i need to do on how to fix this

Administrator
Our support team can help you but you need to contact us at support@wizard101.com and when you contact support, please ensure that you give us:
->the account name
->the character name
->your dxdiag file
->as much information about what you encountered as you can, including error messages or screenshots

NEVER send us:
->your password
->your full credit card information

The more information you give up front, the faster your issue can be resolved.

A DxDiag is a utility designed to display the specifications of your computer hardware, as well as to test DirectX software, including sound and video. If you are asked for this information, it helps the support group relate your gaming issue to your personal computer.

To create a dxdiag.txt just go to Start -> Run (or Search in Vista) and enter dxdiag and click OK. Once the program has run its course, click "Save all Information" and it will output a txt file that you can attach to your email.

community@wizard101.com