Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Dryad Spell Trouble

AuthorMessage
Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
It's something I've noticed for a while.

Sometimes, when Dryad is used by wizards or henchmen, the Dryad health will not count until the next round comes up.

This can be problematic, especially if my health is way down, and by the time the Dryad health actually counts when the next round starts, I could have been defeated by bosses.

Sometimes it works fine and I get the immediate health, but I'd say it was a 50-50 chance that the health won't count until the beginning of the next round.

Thought I'd mention it, so someone could look into it.

THANKS!

:)

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
QueQueg wrote:

Sometimes, when Dryad is used by wizards or henchmen, the Dryad health will not count until the next round comes up.

This can be problematic, especially if my health is way down, and by the time the Dryad health actually counts when the next round starts, I could have been defeated by bosses.

Sometimes it works fine and I get the immediate health, but I'd say it was a 50-50 chance that the health won't count until the beginning of the next round.

THANKS!

I have notice the same thing. Very rare that it works at the time it is cast. It would be nice to see this fixed.

And have actually had healing spells including rebirth fizzle lately. And no, there was not weakness or dis-spell on my life wizard when this happened.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
QueQueg wrote:

THANKS!

I have notice the same thing. Very rare that it works at the time it is cast. It would be nice to see this fixed.

And have actually had healing spells including rebirth fizzle lately. And no, there was not weakness or dis-spell on my life wizard when this happened.

Rebirth is not a 100% accurate healing spell like the others (neither is Dryad), so it will fizzle without a weakness or dispell.

Dryad has worked fine with my Life wizard casting, but I have not tested with Life henchmen.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kingurz wrote:
goldendragon18 wrote:
QueQueg wrote:

THANKS!

Rebirth is not a 100% accurate healing spell like the others (neither is Dryad), so it will fizzle without a weakness or dispell.

Dryad has worked fine with my Life wizard casting, but I have not tested with Life henchmen.

Kingurz, the only time I even use a henchman is if I need help in a (SOLO)spell quest. And that also depends on the school of my opponent. Same school I wait at least 1 or 2 rounds depending on the opponents health. Any other school I may or may not use a henchman also depending on health. Cheating Bosses, NEVER.

But as the OP stated Dryad is not healing at the time cast like it used to, it is now a delayed healing until the next round.

And, yes, I am aware that Rebirth is not 100% accurate, but my life wizard is experiencing more and more fizzles on all heals. Not just a couple.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
goldendragon18 wrote:
And, yes, I am aware that Rebirth is not 100% accurate, but my life wizard is experiencing more and more fizzles on all heals. Not just a couple.

Confusion on my part, since you didn't mention that it was fizzle more often, just that it was fizzling.

goldendragon18 wrote:
But as the OP stated Dryad is not healing at the time cast like it used to, it is now a delayed healing until the next round.

This might be a graphic issue, setting configuration, or similiar problem for certain computers. Like I stated, I have personally had no issues with Dryad healing (and I suspect many others do not have it either). I just casted Dryad three times in a row in the same duel just to make sure and each time it healed the same round.

Not saying you and the original poster aren't having a problem, but just supplying data that this is not affecting everyone playing Wizard101. If you haven't already, I would send in support ticket to help troubleshoot why this is only affecting a certain population of players.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2009
kingurz wrote:

Like I stated, I have personally had no issues with Dryad healing (and I suspect many others do not have it either). I just casted Dryad three times in a row in the same duel just to make sure and each time it healed the same round.

I haven't had any issues either. I'm guessing it's a graphic issue as well. I've tried several times in unicorn way on my life using dryad and each time it worked out fine.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
kingurz wrote:

Confusion on my part, since you didn't mention that it was fizzle more often, just that it was fizzling.

Mistake on my part Kingurz since I did not clarify that is was happening more often.