Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Stop bullying on Wizard101!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 24, 2012
I have witnessed many account of bullying through text chat, and people trying to bypass the filters to call people mean things. Many times I have asked other wizards to stop messing with other people, and they often begin to turn on me. I know it is not acceptable to report people for being rude, and we cant actually STOP them, but maybe there is a solution? I know you can ignore them, but that wont help stop them from bullying others. If you have any ideas on how to stop the bullies, please post! But remember, we dont want to be bullies right back to them!
-Kestrel Swifttalon, Conjurer

Mastermind
Aug 10, 2011
I very much agree with this. The bullying has to stop, and i think the best way to do that is to turn all their complaints into compliments. What i mean by that is like when they say "Hey Noob." you should be all like "I'm a noob and proud!" That would confuse them, and if you turned all their complaints into compliments they would get confused and then leave cause it ain't worth it.

I have used this method, and it works.

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
I think the OP is referring to a bit more then noob name calling. I too have seen some very disturbing threats going on but since they did not swear during it I don't think it was reportable.

Hero
Jun 08, 2009
I agree. Bullying is a real problem. The best solution tends to be the Ignore button. If they swear, Report them and THEN Ignore them.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
florenceisnotmynam... wrote:
I have witnessed many account of bullying through text chat, and people trying to bypass the filters to call people mean things. Many times I have asked other wizards to stop messing with other people, and they often begin to turn on me. I know it is not acceptable to report people for being rude, and we cant actually STOP them, but maybe there is a solution? I know you can ignore them, but that wont help stop them from bullying others. If you have any ideas on how to stop the bullies, please post! But remember, we dont want to be bullies right back to them!
-Kestrel Swifttalon, Conjurer

Hey, Kestrel~ while "being rude" isn't reportable, harassment (swearing around the filters at someone) is. If you see another wizard being bullied or threatened in this way, or if you're the victim of abusive/predatory behaviour, I encourage you to report. All of us who share the Great Spiral are responsible for helping KI to keep it safe and fun for all.

For instances of name-calling and general rudeness (spammers, beggars, trolls who just won't quit) that are NOT reportable, I recommend using your Ignore button liberally and changing realms.

Some people like to "warn" bullies, and remind them that what they're doing is against the terms of use~ my advice? Don't, because they'll just redirect their abusive behaviour towards you... In these situations, I don't warn at all~ I just report, and get on with my wizardly business.

Hope this helps~ safe & happy travels to you, and a thousand crafting quests upon those bullies!

El Veeb/Shadowsong
archmage sorceress