Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New ... Help

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 09, 2012
I was wondering what the best school was to be apart of and the secondary one? and I was wondering what the highest level is now?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Death as first wizard I find works best, not a bad fizzle rate, decent health, boost those spells with blades, traps and Sun Spells and do some massive damage later on - steal spells keep you going quite well if you like to solo, no secondary - be true to your school. Some really cool spells and Scare Crow at level 48.

Level 80 is current highest level.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
renajones26 wrote:
I was wondering what the best school was to be apart of and the secondary one? and I was wondering what the highest level is now?

Hi, Rena... and welcome!

Only you can decide which school best suits your play-style. But, since I've played all 7 schools, I'll happily share my opinions/observations with you. :)

STORM (divination) is the go-big-or-go-home school~ either you hit big, or fizzle and "go home" to the Commons. As a diviner, you can outhit all other schools by a landslide, but prepare to fizzle a lot through the lower levels.

ICE (thaumaturgy) is the "tank" class, with lots of health and high resistance to /everything/. Their base-damage is weak, though this can be improved upon with the right gear.

FIRE (pyromancy) is another heavy-hitter, whose accuracy and health are less than average. As with Storm, you can let people have it, but prepare to fizzle a lot; your specialty is damage over time, which is particularly useful when dealing with those shield-stacking NPCs.

MYTH (conjuration) is heavily-reliant on minions, and can do all kinds of neat things with them~ buff them, sacrifice them for health... and use them to distract enemies, while you buff for something big. Your specialty is bypassing shields with double hits~ a little one first, immediately followed by the big whammy.

DEATH (necromancy) is the trap-happy school, and requires extensive buffing in order to do significant damage. Base damage is weak-ish, but not if you use all of the resources available to you; drains, or siphon-spells, will allow you to do damage and heal at the same time.

LIFE (theurgy) has the highest base accuracy in game, and lots of heals. To start, you'll be slightly weaker offensively, though the right gear can make all the difference.

BALANCE (sorcery) is a mixed bag~ it can deal damage from the other 6 schools, and has a mixture of offensive and defensive capabilities. Base damage is weak, but sorcerers have lots of universal buffs and are tied with Death for second-highest base accuracy in-game.

-

To answer your second question, most of my wizards don't even bother with secondary schools... My first wizard (Balance) did, but it ended up just being an expensive waste of time, as her secondary and tertiary schools were useless as soon as she hit grandmaster/level 50~ current level-cap is 80.

The exceptions to this, IMO, would be Storm, Ice, and Myth, all of which should take Life as a secondary, for the healing abilities (though Storm gets Healing Current at level 70-something).

-

Hope this helped, at least somewhat. Welcome to the Spiral, and happy travels!

El Veeb/Laura Shadowsong
archmage sorceress/level 80 Balance wiz