Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP "Master" league gear not useable by masters???

AuthorMessage
Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Wondering why the "master league" pvp gear is level 50? Why would the gear for participating in the master league not be wearable by masters? How did this glaring bug make it off test realm?

Survivor
Mar 05, 2016
Adding on to this, if the intention was for the master league to be played in by players who use level 50 gear, why not change it to a Grandmaster league instead, a more popular level choice than any levels from 40-49? Possibly a new level bracket for 50-59.

Delver
Mar 30, 2014
Yes, it is ridiculous to claim that level limiting pvp is making it fair, but then allow the master league to be dominated by grand players.

Grands have access to level 50 gear, and to the master league pvp gear
Grands can use level 50 treasure cards.

When the level limits were put in to the treasure cards, we were told that they were adjusted to the level bands to make it fair, so that all players in a level band could use the same treasure cards. So why are masters being blocked from using "master league" treasure cards?

I ranked a master in 4th age. I faced grands, and they had better gear. But at least I could use the same treasure cards as they could. How is 5th age more fair for masters? Now they have to face grands with even fewer resources.

It really feels like the masters are there just to boost the level 50 players' ranks.

All these issues would be resolved if KI just made the league 50-59 instead. Or, as I have suggested elsewhere, set all participant levels to 50, for the purpose of pvp, just like we all start with standardized stats when we do beastmoon or deckathalon.