Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No victory credit for quest battles

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 05, 2010
This has happened to me twice now. I thought the first time was a fluke but apparently its an actual bug - just difficult to reproduce.

When you're on a quest and you have a defeat a boss - if you defeat the boss with a damage per round spell and the final round of damage is the exact amount of hit points the boss has then the end of battle is triggered and you are free to roam but you don't get quest credit for the victory causing you to have to redo the fight.

You also don't get item rewards - so the quest part might not really be a significant factor.

Administrator
A hearty thank you from our development team. Your very clear report allowed us to pinpoint the issue in minutes! We will make sure this is fixed in our next content update to the game.

community@wizard101.com
Hero
May 02, 2009
xizik wrote:
This has happened to me twice now. I thought the first time was a fluke but apparently its an actual bug - just difficult to reproduce.

When you're on a quest and you have a defeat a boss - if you defeat the boss with a damage per round spell and the final round of damage is the exact amount of hit points the boss has then the end of battle is triggered and you are free to roam but you don't get quest credit for the victory causing you to have to redo the fight.

You also don't get item rewards - so the quest part might not really be a significant factor.

The quest credit is definitely a bug, but for the no rewards/drops thing, I've learned that if this happens, just feed your pet an item and you'll get some of the items you would've gotten from the actual fight if that bug didn't occur.