Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gardening Bug/Crash

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 21, 2012
I've had the bug where while gardening, a large spell updates the whole farm's plots and just immediately tanks my FPS down to zero, which normally is not a problem as it fixes itself. When I went to garden today, I casted one spell and it tanked my FPS. Sometimes I leave my house and come back to fix the problem but I was locked out of my character after going to my dorm (Sends me to character select and tells me I can't play on it). I do not know this is a Spring Update exclusive bug. Now, I'm mainly concerned that my couch potatoes and KP's still have needs to be fulfilled. Will I be reimbursed if they die (as I am currently still locked out of my account 2 hour since)? I'd really rather not waste like two weeks trying to revive my couch potatoes.

Christo Dragonflame
Lvl 130 Fire

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
If you are using the 24 hour spells, it helps if you cast a small spell first, then when you cast the large spells they do not lag as much, not sure why, but it works

Squire
Apr 18, 2013
Jasmine3429 on Apr 29, 2022 wrote:
If you are using the 24 hour spells, it helps if you cast a small spell first, then when you cast the large spells they do not lag as much, not sure why, but it works
I keep 1 tiger lily by all my gardens so I'll always have a small spell I can cast. An extra benefit is the tiger lily is susceptible to getting pixie.

However, if at any time you plant or replant a seed, it can put the FPS back at risk (if you still have a large section to tend to).

Regardless of workarounds, KI should wave their magic wands to speed up the game. There are times when I cast the small spell and still have to wait because the game freezes for a bit.

Survivor
Apr 21, 2012
Jasmine3429 on Apr 29, 2022 wrote:
I mean the problem now is that I am locked out of my account. It's been five days sand I am missing the spiral scene event which is quite important to me because I bought the Spring Scroll of Fortune, and I basically don't know how to do any other event. But thanks for the tip about casting a small spell first. I was used Downpour (large rain) when my game crashed and then it kicked me out.

Astrologist
Dec 31, 2009
FatnFluffyBird047 on May 3, 2022 wrote:
I mean the problem now is that I am locked out of my account. It's been five days sand I am missing the spiral scene event which is quite important to me because I bought the Spring Scroll of Fortune, and I basically don't know how to do any other event. But thanks for the tip about casting a small spell first. I was used Downpour (large rain) when my game crashed and then it kicked me out.
Contact support, gardening visual glitches do no lock you out of your account, perhaps you got a suspension?